Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KarmaticStylee
Apr 21, 2007

Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle!
New to this thread (and for the most part tea). Starting to drink more tea as a way to lower my overall caffeine consumption and so far (about 2 weeks in) it has worked positive wonders on my day-to-day caffeine-addiction and roller-coaster energy levels.

Anyways, real reason I'm posting right now is to say SCREW Teavana. They have the most aggressive, harassing, in-your-face sales people I've dealt with. I went in there for a second time today thinking that my previous visit was a fluke but once again I had the exact same experience with a brand new employee. I will never EVER return to that place again because of the sheer anxiety stepping foot into their establishment causes me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KarmaticStylee
Apr 21, 2007

I've checked out a few of the sites in the OP and I feel overwhelmed by the amount of options. So far, I really like basic green tea and avoid anything that is "sweet". Is there a good, everyday green tea that is recommended?

I drink ~4 cups a day if shelf-life vs. quantity matters.

KarmaticStylee
Apr 21, 2007

I just bought 250g of gunpowder from upton for $12. Do they have great prices or did I just buy dirt?

KarmaticStylee
Apr 21, 2007

Just wanted to report back that I've had a very positive experience with UptonTea. I emailed Upton about not receiving my package and they responded promptly with a friendly email containing some tips on finding it. Turns out USPS misplaced it (time of year I guess). Also for the price, everything I received seems to be very nice quality (though, admittedly, I'm a complete noob). And they threw in a sample (is that typical?) Anyways, it's great support like that along with fair prices that make me want to advertise a company.

Now on to the big question: my wife is also really into tea and I'm thinking about getting her a fancy tea pot for Christmas as we want to buy each other stuff we can use around the place. Neither of us (currently) drink much besides green and will be trying white next (avoiding higher caffeine). What type of tea pot would you recommend? Please nothing over 50