Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magicmat
Aug 14, 2000

I've got the worst fucking attorneys
What's the most convenient way to quickly brew tea in the morning? I usually only have, at most, 10 minutes of free time in the morning to eat or do whatever else before I leave, and that's not long enough to boil water, steep tea, and then drink it.

I would love to have the convenience of a coffee maker -- just wake up and there's a fresh kettle of hot tea waiting to drink and/or put in a thermos to go. Would also force me out of bed on time. I've looked at the TriniTEA and Breville automatic tea makers and they look cool, but are very expensive (especially the Breville -- $250!) I'm also worried that they'd have enough drawbacks (especially in terms of being hard to clean) that I wouldn't use it.

Does anybody have any comments on these tea makers? Or better yet, know of a good procedure for quickly and conveniently making tea in the morning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magicmat
Aug 14, 2000

Blutnerd posted:

I got me one of those Bodum french press travel mug combos and I gotta say I like it a lot. Saves me from faffing about with teaballs and all that, and I might be imagining things but I always preferred french press tea. Tastes better. Could be a solution for those of you with tight morning schedules as well, I guess. Just pop in some hot water and tea and off you go.
So, wait, it's a french press that works for tea? Like, you just add hot water and loose leaves into this travel mug, then when you want to stop steeping, you depress the french press?

Does that work to truly stop the steeping? If I sip on it for the next hour, the leaves will be properly filtered out of my water, and won't continue to steep? How ungainly is the whole french press system when carrying the mug around?

Magicmat
Aug 14, 2000

windwaker posted:

Depressing the leaves in the french press won't entirely stop the steep but it almost will, assuming you aren't shaking it around.
And if I have it in my backpack while I trudge across campus?

Assuming I steep my tea for the recommended time, then depress the plunger: how long before that tea turns sub-optimal?