Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Jenkin posted:

I'm going to be in Beijing and Shanghai soon and I want to get some tea for my girlfriend. She's pretty into tea and I don't know a ton about it; does anyone have suggestions for what I could look for that would make a nice gift? I realize this is a bit broad. Also, thanks for all the good info already in the thread.

Kinda depends on what she already has and her tastes.

But on the gear side of things Yixing clay pot, Gaiwan set, or a Gongfu set.

Personally I'd go with the Gaiwan if she doesn't have one yet, plus some tea leaves to go with it.

Leaves side of things no clue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Springheel Jill posted:

Weirdly, Ito En makes a variety of their bottled green teas for the American market called Teas' Tea; as far as I can tell it's the same tea in different packaging with a higher price tag.

The bottles of American Ito En I've tried have uniformly been overbrewed. They all had that bitter taste that comes from too long of a brew. Which was irritating because I like their Japanese market versions.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Anyone have suggestions on some high quality oolongs to get? I about to finsh up the $45 version of this: http://seattlebesttea.com/?page_id=3&category=4&product_id=1

I'm not looking for everyday stuff, I've got a large supply of daily quality/cost puerh and oolong. I just want something for every so often.