Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
What about loose leaf black tea for Southern style Iced Tea? I like a good sugar coma and if I can make it an even tastier sugar coma then that'd be pretty cool! Or does all the sweetness just mask any benefit I'd get from going bag->loose leaf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Any sweet tea drinkers out there really owe it to themselves to try cold brewing a batch. It's so incredibly good. Even with the bag tea I used.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

TVarmy posted:

I tried coldbrewing some tea using a Lifehacker recipe that suggested 1 tea bag per four cups for 12-18 hours, but it produced green water with green tea. I haven't tried this recipe with black tea.

Any suggestions for cold brewing green tea, and would this recipe be okay for black tea, or is there a better way to cold brew tea?

This is what I used to make cold brewed sweet tea. http://www.theteafaq.com/recipes/cold-brewed-iced-tea.html

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

I use one of these guys precisely because it keeps things hot for a while, but not to the extreme burn my face off after 6 hours that some do. It is also completely bulletproof and does not leak at all ever. I've apparently converted all my coworkers on accident since everyone here seems to have one.

What would you recommend as one that can melt my face after sitting on a desk for 6 hours?

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Awesome! I've been looking for a good thermos to bring along on long hikes for hot tea/cold beer/hot chocolate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Anyone know of a good online source for like kukicha(sp?). I just discovered it a bit too late to be able to buy it locally.