Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009

DurianGray posted:

To that end, does anyone else have weird/interesting tea traditions in their family? Jerman999 already mentioned his/her Chinese family leaving the tea leaves in the cup while you drink it.

Dunno about traditon, but my daughter eats tea bags, if I leave them in her cup, and has done this all her life. She's pretty well adjusted otherwise, normal for most of the rest of her life, just... yeah. Eats the tea bags. I don't get it.

Good thing most of the time I brew tea loose leaf in the pot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009
The whole thing - leaf, bag and all. :pwn: Ever since she had teeth and could snag an unsupervised tea bag, glomp and devour.

On a happier note, Dobra tea in Madison has some wonderful, amazing brews to sample. I can spend hours there, and they encourage it!

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009

coyo7e posted:

Eating tea can give you the shits.

Also I hope she's not eating the staples and bag itself. I'm assuming she's older than 3 or 4 year old?

She's 14. Yes, she eats the bag but not the staple, string, or the paper. Like I said, I switched to leaf infusion because of the whole bag eating thing, but I still want a cup of Bigelow cinnamon stick once in a while.