Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Marzzle posted:

I half heartedly checked a vendor in the OP and they didn't have anything that wasn't literally tea. Is there a go to spot for herbal "tea"? I'm mostly just addicted to valerian root/spearmint/chamomile/passion flower teas before bed and I don't much care how they taste. I mostly just want to drink warm stuff before bed without caffeine that may or may not make you sleepy/relaxed as inexpensively as possible. Real big fan of muna mint tea as well.

I bought a dehydrator and murdered a lot of nettles earlier this year. It's very comforting to just chuck some in a cup and drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I've seen cast iron kettles, but only to put on top of woodstoves to add some humidity back to the room.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Hmm, you're getting sent round the houses, but we do also have a cast iron thread, but the only mention I can see of one before, the goon decided not to buy it.

https://www.teaforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=2273

This seems to say you should be doing evaporation cycles in it to build up a mineral crust, are you using filtered water?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

MIDWIFE CRISIS posted:

What is Yorkshire tea made of, anyone know? An English friend is saying it's the "true brew" but it's not sold here and I don't want to import it. Can I blend it if I know what tea types they use?

If there's an ex-pat section anywhere, it should be sold there. It's the best and most popular cheap tea. It's just black tea, though, I don't feel like it would be possible to emulate it?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

You could try goats milk. It's much easier on the gut.

It tastes a bit weird the first time, but after that it just tastes like milk, and it's cows milk which tastes weird.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Agrinja posted:

I'm interested but where would I look for such a thing? I'm going to google, I've never actually seen it for sale.

In the UK it's just in the dairy section next to the regular milk, at least at bigger supermarkets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I mean, it's fine? You stir the bag then put it in the next cup for the other person you're making for,repeat until you have tea for everyone!