Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011
Hey tea guys. I've always thought tea was just gross. It tastes really weird and gross when I drink it, and makes my mouth feel weird and gives me a general unpleasant feeling after I've finished drinking it.

That's what I thought, at least. But I recently read this thread and realized that the only tea I've actually had is lovely generic English Breakfast / earl grey / etc teabags from grocery stores and I'm probably just drinking really lovely tea and oversteeping it!

Would you guys suggest I go and find a cafe where I can get a good cup of tea and see if I like it first, or just drop some cash on some good, quality tea and make it myself? Apparently Adagio operates very close to me, maybe I could go do some shopping there?

edit: Worth mentioning I'm a trainride away from the city of Chicago and I'm willing to spend a silly amount of money on a cup of coffee/tea, so going to an Intelligentsia or something is possible. I just want to know what would be best for a first timer.

Also, what's the consensus on bubble tea? Is it so far off from brewed hot tea (like iced tea, etc) that it doesn't even belong in this thread?

Lavender Philtrum fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Nov 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU