Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

I've only tasted one pu-erh so far and it tastes like your description. Like wet forest floor. I like it though. Never would have guessed from reading about it.

There was some discussion upthread about scandinavian teashops.
I've ordered from Simplytea.dk and Origreen.dk and they have an ok selection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Can any of you give a shot at identifying this tea?

My local tea-lady has stopped carrying it and she sold it as "China Da Hao". Which gives me no results on google.
It has a very pleasant aromatic smell. Like tulips or hyacinth. Tastes like a mild, slightly sweet black tea.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Possibly, but isn't that supposed to be really expensive? I don't recall it costing more than any other regular black tea.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

That's probably it then. The description of the taste sound pretty similar. I'll have to get some more, it's delicious.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Today's tea: Jin Guan Yin Anxi Oolong.

Pretty amazing aroma. It's like drinking a lilac-bush. Not bitter at all, tomato-ish umami-notes.