Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm new to the thread but not to tea, but I just wanted a quick pulse check from the group. I noticed that Harney and Sons isn't mentioned particularly often - is there a reason? We've discovered that their green teas are pretty bad, but have generally enjoyed their black tea options. Not sure if there are similarly priced but way more recommended places, they're fine by most accounts, or if they kill puppies or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I basically get the Malachi McCormick and my wife digs the Paris - but we're open to other options. We'll probably give Adagio a shot soon, but have a local chinese tea shop that we stocked up on jasmine and genmaicha recently.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

tokin opposition posted:

Hello tea goons, I need your help. My favorite tea place discontinued my favorite tisane blend, titled Citrus Mint Licorice. I'm trying to reproduce it at home, but I'm an idiot who's bad at recognizing things or figuring out ratios:

This is the image:

And the description:

Having bit into some of the yellow stuff, I think it's dried lemon, but I'm not sure. The ratio I'm thinking of is:

3 parts lemongrass, 3 parts peppermint, 2 parts licorice, 1 parts apple and 1 parts lemon peel

Does this seem at all reasonable to you, my fellow "tea" drinkers?

If they've discontinued it, you could also try asking them for a recipe. Some places are fine sharing that if they're not making it anymore