Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilersquirrel
Oct 16, 2004
My little sister is awesome and bought me this account.
I'd like to throw my 2 cents in on the sweet tea question, I love love love sweet tea but that lipton and lusianne poo poo does not cut the mustard.

I've made a metric shitload of iced tea and my favorite thus far(in both the quality and price categories) is the Sadaf special blend cardamom tea, with Ahmad as a close second.

I make it by the gallon, so reduce/enlarge these ratios as you will:

Scant 4 tbsp Sadaf cardamom blend
1 gallon water
1 1/8 c sugar

Add to your water and then kill the heat/take the pot off the burner and steep for 3-4 minutes max(this stuff can get overly tannic fast), then pour through a strainer into some kind of vessel with your sugar in it, then lid and let cool(I've found this stuff will form a shiny little skin on the top if you don't lid it). If you can somehow crash-cool it, go for it.

If you have differing sugar tastes in the house/apartment/mother's basement, then just whip up a batch of simple syrup and put in a squirt bottle instead of sweetening the whole batch. Also handy for booze(everybody loves a multitasker, right?).

I realize I maybe don't have to write this whole detailed thing out for people in a thread centered around fine teas, but I figure there will be more than a few people who are brand new to the whole thing and could use the specificity. I know I could have used advice like "don't add boiling water to green tea, dummy" or "there is such thing as oversteeping, it generally happens pretty fast, and your tea will be lovely if it happens" back when I was trying to hash this all out.

Kilersquirrel fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Sep 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU