Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ohnoyoudidnt
Mar 19, 2005

I was told there would be pie

Spuckuk posted:

Are bog-standard electric kettles not an everyday household item in the US/Canada then? Literally every house and office here has one, it's as essential as a toaster.

The very idea of not having a cuppa available is a little terrifying to me :britain:

To add to the discussion, get thee some Yorkshire Tea, it's far from fancy, should be brewed strong and sullied with full fat milk

YES. Yorkshire is the gold of teas. I for one am firmly on the side of people who remove the bag AFTER pouring the milk. And one sugar.

This is the hierarchy of standard British teabags:

Yorkshire > PG Tips > Twinings Everyday > Tetley

Barry's is the best from Ireland. The Irish drink more tea per capita than anyone in the world, and Barry's is probably the main reason why. It's delish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohnoyoudidnt
Mar 19, 2005

pork never goes bad posted:

And don't pour milk in before removing the bag, ohnoyoudidnt is a philistine and his (or her) advice is heretical!

But but but it's nice to squeeze out the bag and see the last tendrils of dark brown tea goodness go swirling down into the depths of your milky mug :britain:

ohnoyoudidnt
Mar 19, 2005

aldantefax posted:

Abroad, look for oolongs that have "Monkey Picked", "Imperial", or "Premium" in their title. Generally speaking, the first two are to signify that it's the pride of a given tea shop and thus some of their most select products. If you can, try a cup before committing, though, because a lot of the more expensive oolongs tend towards much more subtle differences.

...Is it actually picked by monkeys? Because that would be ace.