Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Drinking some Nameless One on a nice night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

I’ve done next day because I like to buy good tea and hate to waste, though it does feel weird. Life is a series of tempting fate, however mundane!

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

What's the best way to store a ripe pu-erh cake? I see that the general recommendation is not too hot or cold and low humidity. Could I just keep the cake in the wrapping and put it with my other tea in a kitchen cabinet?

At my shop we store it in Tupperware, at my home I have a cabinet specifically for ripe puer but I should probably make that airtight somehow.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

We had yellow buds recently at my shop and I became addicted almost solely to that tea. It’s incredible.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

It’s Puerh day friends. I finally have a tea pet and I see the light now. But not through this Puerh, this is a cup of liquid night.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Seconding dark ripe puer.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Waffles from White2Tea is an easy daily drinker for this situation. Any situation.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

At our shop we had very minimal style tables and chairs, some tapestries, local art on the walls rotating monthly, books about tea, local baked goods. We had friendship nights, poetry readings, etc. mostly a space for creatives and the community to gather. If you tea, people will come. I firmly believe in reflecting the community you are in, the beauty of tea is that there is something for everyone. A lot of our thing was explaining teas to people - knowledgeable staff and a diverse but easy to read menu. You’re doing a lot of translation for people vs black British tea, but that’s the fun of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

I was just commiserating with my old coworker how much I miss Silver Needle and Yellow Buds from our old shop.