Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W424
Oct 21, 2010
Got some new swag Ehle glass but nothing to put into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

The earpieces on my new glasses are slightly asymmetrical and I can't go to Lenscrafters to have that fixed until Monday.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I kinda wanna get a measles vaccine, but it's like 79$ and I kinda doubt I'll ever really be in danger of getting the disease since there aren't any breakouts in my state.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I kinda wanna get a measles vaccine, but it's like 79$ and I kinda doubt I'll ever really be in danger of getting the disease since there aren't any breakouts in my state.

My two cents that you didn't ask for and probably don't want: Get it anyway. Better to have it than not need it, ect. 79 bucks is kinda steep, though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Eh, I'm kinda leaning towards it.

The main reasons for pro are "I don't want measles."

The main reasons against are cost, literally no outbreaks in or around my state (LA), I don't have anything to do with kids, nor do I really have much of an active "get out there and meet people" kinda social life, and I'm also over 30.

I'll probably get it next week though, just surprised that it's like 80$

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
"All employees: take your work computers home so you can still work if it snows too much and we have to close the office."

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
It's impossible to get a job, and having just finished high school I have literally nothing to do all day. I didn't realize how hard it'd be to meet new people and stuff when I was in school, which obviously made that easier. :v:

Playing video games and stuff was fun for awhile but now I'm just bored. I'd go do more stuff outside but everything's so icy.

Also spending so much time playing games made my arm tired.

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

The collapsable snow shovel I bought for my car doesn't have very good reviews.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
My instructor more or less tore my thesis apart and I'm not sure if I can salvage it.

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.

duralict posted:

"All employees: take your work computers home so you can still work if it snows too much and we have to close the office."

This is my company too, except that I can't work from home because my development servers aren't accessible from outside the office network. I either have to use my vacation time for snow storms or go into the office anyways.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
I hate the comments on the AV Club. I hate the stupid nested layout, I hate that you have to click "load more" every so often (very often), I hate how you can no longer navigate the comments with page links so god help you if you want to find a comment you've already read, and I hate how 95% of the comments are stupid puns and worse jokes making the effort of reading the comments section a royal pain in the rear end. The remaining 5% of the comments are why I can't stop reading them altogether.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My parents are getting their house ready to sell and my dad keeps trying to do plumbing and electrical stuff on his own with no planning or preperation, and then getting pissed off and crabby at everyone when he fucks up, and it's pretty drat annoying..

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I was super excited to get back into WoW but the WoD trial has left me completely cold and I don't know why, because it's objectively brilliant.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Coolie Ghost posted:

I forgot to wear gloves while cutting up poblanos to put in my morning crock-pot meal and now my fingers burn a little bit and no amount of soap or rubbing alcohol is getting rid of the mild discomfort
Get yourself some J.R. Liggett bar shampoo (it's pretty awesome as shampoo, I don't buy into the "all natural" nonsense but it makes my hair feel great.) It's amazing as a soap to remove irritants like capsaicin or just about anything that smells (onions, motor oil, diesel fuel/home heating oil,) and is also a really effective degreaser for skin and clothing.

Inzombiac posted:

I'm in the running to get a new job that would nearly double my income in two years but it's 8 weeks of training in Baltimore (across the country from me) and I'd probably be away from my girlfriend the whole time.
The job would be easier than my current gig with regular hours and paid holidays but two months of hotel living... ugh.
Your income is going to double, splurge a bit and fly your girlfriend out for a couple of weekends.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Eh, I'm kinda leaning towards it.

The main reasons for pro are "I don't want measles."

The main reasons against are cost, literally no outbreaks in or around my state (LA), I don't have anything to do with kids, nor do I really have much of an active "get out there and meet people" kinda social life, and I'm also over 30.

I'll probably get it next week though, just surprised that it's like 80$
It's really sad that medical costs ever come up as first world problems :smith:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I got a new job but there will be a drug test so I can't smoke any weed for like a month :(

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

I agreed to switch shifts tomorrow morning with a friend, since she would have had to get up way earlier than I would to get to work by 7, but now I wish I could sleep in for that extra hour that I gave up.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

ChiaPetOutletStore posted:

I agreed to switch shifts tomorrow morning with a friend, since she would have had to get up way earlier than I would to get to work by 7, but now I wish I could sleep in for that extra hour that I gave up.

Beta

JustAurora
Apr 17, 2007

Nature vs. Nurture, man!
I got attacked by a kid where I work and my meds I got through workers comp have run out and my orthopedist appointment isn't until Wednesday. 5 days of my shoulder hurting like a bitch.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

My tax refund is going to be slightly smaller than I initially figured, because I'm too young for the earned income credit. :(

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The other DS game I ordered arrived two weeks early. I wasn't expecting it until later this month so I didn't even think to check for it, I only found out when the office lady chased me down with the package :argh:

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

This thread is ancient. Someone start a new one! I'll add a link to the new one here once it's made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

New thread here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699569

• Locked thread