Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

empty sea posted:

On the way home after raiding my friend's mom's fridge like we were teenagers, my caramel pie leftovers smooshed into my chocolate pie leftovers. I know it will totally taste amazing togther but I wanted to eat it separately.

Also I got $40 worth of CVS giftcards and I have no idea what to use it on. Who shops at CVS?

Snack food, protein bars, Tylenol, nail clippers, notebooks, pencils... stock up on odds and ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

empty sea posted:

On the way home after raiding my friend's mom's fridge like we were teenagers, my caramel pie leftovers smooshed into my chocolate pie leftovers. I know it will totally taste amazing togther but I wanted to eat it separately.

Also I got $40 worth of CVS giftcards and I have no idea what to use it on. Who shops at CVS?

Big fuckin' bottle of headache medicine and a can of Arizona iced tea.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

empty sea posted:

Can't speak to where you live, but around here, CVS's sell beer. and wine.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

DrBouvenstein posted:

Can't speak to where you live, but around here, CVS's sell beer. and wine.

That sounds like commie-euro bullshit to me...

(take me with you)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
There's a semi local comic con in a couple weeks, and I kinda wanna go but the guy I'd wanna see and get an autograph from doesn't have any autograph tickets for sale :(

Also, I was perfectly fine not knowing about this until a friend of mine told me about the con, and now I'm all annoyed :negative:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm going to a massive garage party for new year's, but I've been going to the same sort of party for new year's for the last seven years and I kind of just want to stay in and chill but all of my friends want to go out so... ugh.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'm going to a massive garage party for new year's, but I've been going to the same sort of party for new year's for the last seven years and I kind of just want to stay in and chill but all of my friends want to go out so... ugh.

I understand you. :smith:

Umbilical Lotus
Nov 13, 2005

OH NO!!!! AXE CUT YOU!!!!
I drank way too much coffee and crashed, and now I'm sleepy and don't want to go outside. So of course, I have a social event.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
My office is out of the free snacks I like. There's others, sure, but the ones I want are missing and they won't be refilled until tomorrow.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
My car with four wheel drive doesn't have a remote starter, so when it snows I can't start the car from my cube before I leave and have to sit in a cold car while it warms up :emo:

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

My car with four wheel drive doesn't have a remote starter, so when it snows I can't start the car from my cube before I leave and have to sit in a cold car while it warms up :emo:

Just got a remote starter, it's new so I forgot to use it and had to wait 5 minutes inside.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
I got a super fancy amazing smart phone with a really good camera (OnePlus One), but because of some medication I'm taking my hands shake a lot, so the only setting I can use is Steady Photo.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My fancy weightlifting shoes are almost here and I can't use them because of what is probably a pulled muscle in my lower back somewhere.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I forgot the train was on holiday schedule so today I waited on the platform in thin dress pants in 20 degree weather for almost an hour.

Last night I took a cab home from work and the driver did not speak any English. I had to write down my address.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I have a cold, and none of the many medications I've tried have done a thing to clear out my sinuses, which feel like they are about to explode from the pressure. The only thing that cleared them even for a short period was a shot of rum, but I kind of can't be smashed 24/7. I just want to be able to breath through my nose again.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
It's been kind of cold the past few days so my feet are cold. I live on a tropical island, my feet usually aren't cold.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I have a cold, and none of the many medications I've tried have done a thing to clear out my sinuses, which feel like they are about to explode from the pressure. The only thing that cleared them even for a short period was a shot of rum, but I kind of can't be smashed 24/7. I just want to be able to breath through my nose again.

The old sudafed nasal spray is the only thing that works for me when my nose gets like that. The downside is that I can't use it for more than a day without my nose making GBS threads blood everywhere.

But drat, does it do the loving trick.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I passed out drunk watching The Smurfs last night. "Shame" doesn't quite cover what I'm feeling right now.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

What's the point of paying extra for two day shipping when the company doesn't put the drat thing in the mail for a week.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
The pants I ordered are taking 8 days to get to my house. The worst part is that they shipped from a place just 3 hours south. I've ordered things across the country that got here in half the time. I guess this is what the holiday shipping buzz is about. :(

Also I think my moms husband got me sick.

buglord has a new favorite as of 06:09 on Jan 6, 2015

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

I stocked up on drinks for my drinks fridge yesterday and this morning was greeted by pools of coke forming around the base. Apparently 3 of the cans at the back had frozen and exploded. This led me to the discovery that my fridge does actually have temp control and it's been set to max for years even though I've know it gets too cold for about as long.

I went to the gym this evening for a run and only noticed afterwards that I somehow managed to have my shorts on inside out.

I had half my dinner before going to the gym and left it in my slow cooker to have the rest when I got back. It was still really tasty when I did but some of the rice went a bit crispy.

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

It's really cold and snowing, and I have a throat infection and my whole body hurts so bad. We don't have any food, so I'm going to have to clean off my car and go get food and pick up my husband from the train station.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I spent all night hacking up Slimer levels of phlegm. My boss sent me home from work with pay and said I can do so again tomorrow.
It would be nice except I want to save my leave because I exhausted a lot last year for a surgery.

Now I have to ride the train home and this other guy is being funny but just a little too loud.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
Count me in the sick boat too. My throat hurts unless there is tea as hot as the surface of the sun in it God why what did I do to deserve such torture??

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Must be something going around the forums.

I started to get sick last Sunday, sick all of last week, even had to call out of work Wednesday (probably should have Tuesday, but only so many sick days to go around.) Thankfully I had Thursday and Friday off for the New Year, but I couldn't party or enjoy it because I was plugged up so much, just coughing and attempting to blow my nose, and not being able to sleep.

I still have a bit of congestion and cough, over a week later. In addition, when I blew my nose one time yesterday, it popped my ear because I was so plugged up, and it hasn't "popped" back. So everything feels wrong with that ear. Sounds are muffled, a slight ringing/buzzing, and some slight pressure and soreness.

i don't think I actually ruptured the eardrum, but if it stays like this through tomorrow, I'll have to see a doctor or something because it's not right.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Don't give me your flubola, Typhoid Mary.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
A few years ago, my family lent my cousin a cool piano we had lying around. My sister and I wanted to try out piano playing again but my dad just found out that my cousin's mom sold the piano without telling any of us.

I really want onion rings but not enough to walk to A&W in cold weather.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I want to go see the latest Hobbit in 3D before it leaves the theaters/goes 2D only but it's snowing and I don't want to drive in that crap.

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
I live in a separate unit in back that shares the same address as the front house. The neighbors have an annoying habit of accepting packages for me and not putting them in the garage for 6-24 hours. I was really hoping that wouldn't be the case today, but, sure enough, no package, and nobody is home now. It's my fault, I haven't talked to them about it, but now I have to wait until tomorrow to work on my motorcycle.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I have a lovely sore throat and gently caress this I'm going to get a big bowl of pho and fill it up with hot sauce and mint.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I was going through the recent deaths section of Wikipedia out of boredom and I found out that Christine Cavanaugh died. :(

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I was going through the First World Problems thread on SA out of boredom and I found out that Christine Cavanaugh died. :(

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I slid off the road into the ditch and had to miss work waiting for a tow truck to get my car out. But I was about a block from home so I was able to make all the calls from inside my warm house, the insurance covered all of my winching costs, there was no damage to my car and I didn't get a ticket because I didn't break any laws, so essentially I just got the day off.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
There's a centre here where you can take high school courses you missed out on for free but I just found out while signing up that the government, without warning, changed it so the courses cost 500-600 bucks once you're over 19. Then my dad called my mom and I "communists" for not being entirely happy with that.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I don't have any particularly interesting complaints to post about in the FWP thread. :saddowns:

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I've been sick all week and I am 85% better, but I still have a headache and some sniffles. I just want to be better now. This is such a mild inconvenience.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

My boss was cool and scheduled my days off to line up, giving me 4 days in a row. I've now made so many plans for those days off, I feel I will be busier on them than if I had just kept working.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Stupid_Sexy_Flanders hasn't posted in like three weeks. You okay dude?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My Postgrad Lab/Office is an awkward temperature so I'm too hot with my cardigan on, but too cold with it off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
The DMV requires you to have a number to talk to anyone but the machine that gives out tickets was broken. Now I have to go back on Friday to pay for my impatience because I got pissed off and left. :negative:

• Locked thread