Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lolcano Eruption
Oct 29, 2007
Volcano of LOL.
How acceptable is it to store unopened wine in the refrigerator? Not long-term storage but keeping a couple of bottles for a week or two. I could use general advice but the wines in question are white; more specifically Chardonnay and Riesling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolcano Eruption
Oct 29, 2007
Volcano of LOL.
My Ah-So cork puller also broke yesterday trying to open up a bottle of Moscato d'asti. To open it, I pushed the cork down into the bottle with a knife honing steel. Time to stop getting gimmick cork pullers and just get a screw one, I suppose.

How do you guys feel about wines from Texas? With liquor and beer I always try to buy locally, you know, 'Texas pride' and everything. However, I just have a hard time determining whether they are actually good or not.

Lolcano Eruption
Oct 29, 2007
Volcano of LOL.

Cpt.Wacky posted:

It seems like the "worm" being hollow like a spring instead of solid like a screw is the preference. I'll probably get the waiter-style since it's cheaper and there are too many of the Screwpull models to sort through.

I didn't want to push the cork into the bottle because I reuse the bottles for homebrew.

Determining whether it's actually good? Drink it, like it? It's good!

I tried a couple different Texas vineyards around here in the Hill Country. None of them were particularly amazing. I suppose I'd better give them a few more decades to refine their techniques or something, I just really like supporting local businesses.