Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleston Humenthal
Nov 5, 2008

What are you doing, Julian! The chicken fingers aren’t even cooked! You want us to get sasparilla or something, you dick!
So I bought a bunch of '08 Oregon Pinots a while back, and I'm trying to organize my cellar a bit. I know they talked a big game out there about the ageability of their wines, but I want to make sure I'm not letting them sit overlong. Is there a good way to guess when a bottle will be coming into its prime, when you don't have multiple bottles of the wine to sample over time? Here's the ones on which I'm trying to put a rough drinking order/timeline (all wines are '08):

White Rose - Dragon's Bluff - North Valley Reserve
Bergstrom - Lancelloti
Shea - Block 7
St. Innocent - White rose vineyard
McKinley - Willamette Special Selection
Penner Ashe - Bella Vita
White Rose - 2008 Estate
White Rose - Dragon's Bluff - White Rose Vineyard Hand Select
White Rose - Dragon's Bluff - Dundee Hills
Crowley - Willamette
Pat Green - Ribbon Ridge

Some insight would be appreciated. Can I really hold these things for 10 years and have them improve, or at least not degrade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleston Humenthal
Nov 5, 2008

What are you doing, Julian! The chicken fingers aren’t even cooked! You want us to get sasparilla or something, you dick!
Yeah, I went a little crazy on a trip out there a few years ago. Patience is not one of my stronger virtues, but I would like to keep that vintage around for as long as possible, but not hold on so tight that I open a dead bottle. Thanks for the insight.

Bleston Humenthal
Nov 5, 2008

Quick question. 2007 Chateau Chauvin. Decant or no?