Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is Cor.kz still the preferred portable device front end for CellarTracker? We just got home from Sonoma and the few bottles we got aren't in the cellartracker db, with more on the way. It's a pain in the rear end to add to the DB in that app, so I end up using the web site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

WhiteHowler posted:

Apologies if this has been answered a million times, but I scanned back a few pages and didn't see it mentioned.

Are any of the big US wine shipping retailers worth using? Is there one that goons would recommend? My state recently legalized to-the-home wine deliveries. Some of the companies haven't updated to allow my state yet, but a few have.

My wife and I are not huge wine drinkers but want to sample more. We mostly don't leave the house due to pandemic stuff, so delivery has become a staple in our lives.

Or am I better off throwing on a mask and braving my local mega-mart's wine aisle? Publix has a surprisingly large selection, though it's obviously mostly mass-market wines.

If you have some wineries you've been to and like, join their wine club. It may take them a bit to get updated but they'll get there.

I've really enjoyed Wine Access (.com) to try a bunch of different stuff. Their clubs seem thoughtful and once you find something good you can often find it at Total Wine (which can have pickup or delivery depending).

Also there's like your neighborhood wine houses, which are probably not very trafficked if you're worried about running in to others. They can really take a personal touch. The best imo are the ones that are from people who used to work at another wine place and decided they could do better, and that the old place's wine clubs were about offloading things that weren't selling. They might surprise you as well.

No shame in Publix / grocery stores.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I should have checked into this thread before we went up that way :)

To add content I thought I was done with all the big wine clubs shipping their last shipments for the year and our Michel Schlumberger club came in today. Will report back if any of these stand out.