Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

That was a great baconpost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I get mine from an Asian supermarket.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Cathab posted:

I live in Australia (Brisbane - a capital city) and absolutely nowhere that I've been to (delis, butchers, supermarkets) have ever heard of pink curing salt or know what the gently caress I'm talking about. Does anyone know of somewhere that I am able to order this stuff online and have it shipped to Australia?

Also, "Kosher salt" - is that just a variation of sea salt / rock salt (IE: Maldon salt flakes etc?), or is it something else again?

Have you looked for Prague Powder #1?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

Also most things in life are linked to some sort of cancer.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

EDverything gives you cancer.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

AlternateAccount posted:

So I don't know what the gently caress I got sold. It's proper bacon-y pork bellyish on one end mostly except for an entire quarter of it that is just fat, no lean on it whatsoever. The other end is a mess, where the belly ends is a very thick section of that sort of fluffy fat and then just straight lean pork. The whole thing is about 3 inches thick on one end and it tapers down to practically nothing at the other end. Skin still on it, too. There's no way to get more than about a half a pound of proper bacon out of this and I don't know wtf you would do with the rest of it. What a loving mess, I don't know what to do with this, I just chucked it back into the fridge in a fury.

Dude. You won the jackpot. The fat is the best part of bacon anyway. Full steam ahead man.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

If you feel compelled to post a 4000x2250 image (which is insane), please at least use the [timg] tags instead of [img].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

sinburger posted:

Oh hey look it's 20 lbs of pork belly. Whatever should I do with it...

Oh wait I think I know this one!

• Locked thread