Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

Esto es un infierno. Estoy en el infierno.
For anyone having trouble finding pink salt or who doesn't want to wait for it to ship: Bass Pro Shops sells it as Lem Cure in 4oz packets for ~$2, so if you have one nearby it's a cinch to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

Jose posted:

Should I be concerned or do anything about all of the water that curing the loin has pulled out of the meat into the container I'm keeping it in?

According to Ruhlman, that's exactly what is supposed to happen. If the liquid isn't in contact with all parts of the curing liquid, you need to overhaul it (flip the container/meat over, really easy if it's in a bag of some sort) every other day. At least, that what he recommends for bacon. I don't have the book on me to see if loin is the same, although I would assume it's very similar.

On an unrelated note, I cooked my first piece of home-made bacon today and it was awesome. I cannot wait to make more.

FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

mindphlux posted:

making bacon is ridiculously easy, no excuse not to. unless you don't have access to good pork I guess.

Yeah, the bacon was one of the most low-effort things I've ever done and it turned out great. Duck prosciutto was next on my list.

FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

Demon_Corsair posted:

Does any one know a good place to order pink salt in canada?

I tried butcher-packer.com but those fuckers just took my money and never sent me anything. :smith:

On a related note, don't loving buy anything from butcher-packer.com

Edit: Reading the thread, good and good for you!

Glad I could help!

I didn't even know they had Bass Pro Shops in Canada.

• Locked thread