Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
What It Dooski
Apr 26, 2010

This is my first time attempting to make bacon and I plan on following the recipe in the OP. I am making it for a large group though and would rather not be responsible for getting them sick/killing them. Could someone calm my fears about curing pork? I plan on following the OP exactly and was able to find Prague Powder #1. I also live in a college house with 5 other guys so its not the cleanest place, although I'm kind of a nut about food safety and do my best to keep everything sanitary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

What It Dooski
Apr 26, 2010

In regards to the OP bacon recipe: how strict is the 7 days for curing? I was looking to get it ready to go for this coming Sunday, but some things came up and I was out of town all weekend. Can I get away with just curing it from now till late Saturday/early Sunday? Thanks

• Locked thread