Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Slimy Hog posted:

Any recommendations on a good meat slicer that's ~$100?

Second this, as much as I enjoy hand slicing my bacon, not so much when there's 6-8 pounds at a time.

Also have a photo of my maple bacon for family Xmas. This was made from the porchetta cut which is some belly as well as the loin, sliced up into eyes and tails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I did just pick up a $55 meat grinder with sausage stuffer from eBay too which is a win, so I'll be beginning my sausage making journey shortly :homebrew:

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Me and a mate have been experimenting with sausages and stuff and have decided to fully commit to charcuterie.

We have a reliable source of good quality pork (if it was beef, it'd be wagyu/MSA graded), and are trying to figure out what size sausage stuffer and mincer to look at.

Also looking for cultures etc. to do pancetta, bresaola etc and are looking at picking up a cheap fridge on Gumtree for use as a curing chamber.

We have done ham, bacon and such but looking toward more complex stuff.

Just postin

• Locked thread