Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Fried pork skins!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Toast posted:

My first pancetta finished up and I'm planning on trying it out in some carbonara tonight.

That looks incredible.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Scott Bakula posted:

Does anyone have tips on how to get more flavour into the bacon from the cure? The chilli and fennel I added to my cure don't really seem to have made much difference. Is this always likely to be the way?

My guess would be that the compounds or molecules from the pieces of chile/fennel you're using are too large for the belly to absorb very much. Perhaps grind them into a fine powder, and try that?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Grue Bouncer posted:

I was going to post a review of a really nice new charcuterie shop/purveyor in the Boston area here, but looking through the thread, this really does seem to be about making your own. I haven't consistently posted in GWS in quite some time, so I don't really remember how it's set up. Where would be a good place to post that?

Post it here!

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

You certainly lead an interesting life. Is having multiple girlfriends what led to your broken hips??

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

That bacon looks delicious and that slicer is awesome. May I ask how much you picked it up for? New or used? Looks brand new.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Huge_Midget posted:

Wait, what?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2472

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Seconding that the KA grinder attachment is so-so - it works but it is a bit slow and finicky.

• Locked thread