Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I got some of the La Querica lomo cured pork loin and holy crap it's good.

Is all their stuff really good? A shop nearby has the la Querica lomo, prosciutto, speck, and the pork belly thing. Also all the Olli and cremini Salumi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I got one of the Olli salamis with fennel pollen, and it is wrapped in a casing that has a sticky brownish yellow gunk on it that smells like feet.

It's sooooo good. I like it better than the cremini stuff, it's drier and more 'marbled' with fat, rather than having pieces of fat interspersed in it. Both taste good but I prefer the texture of the Olli stuff. It's more like trois petites couchons with the even marbling, and drier.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

nominal posted:

Thirding the Salt Cured Pig recommendation. In particular, follow it and check for events in your area, they're infrequent (and expensive) but are full of good, friendly, people who love feeding other people ridiculous food and booze and also love talking about how they made the stuff that they're feeding you.

I hit one of their boucheries a few years ago and despite the event being a few hundred miles away I still met a lot of relative locals and occasionally get to just hang out and just eat a bunch of pro-quality cured meat and/or bbq. Also: great way to meet farmers, so you can source that primo poo poo.

It's a great resource and community if you can suffer through the "DOES N E ONE KNOW HOW 2 MAEJ UNCURED BACON WIT CELERY" posts every week or so

I've been wondering this actually, if you're in to the charcuterie stuff maybe you can help. I'm a big fan of basically all kinds of charcuterie, sausages both fresh and dry, stinky feet moldy ones, rillettes, confits, fancy spanish ham, prosciutto, stuff from polish sausage shops i don't even know the name of, all of it. Even crazy good stuff like chinese dried scallops shark fins and abalone from hong kong. Basically if it was alive and then you preserve it somehow its gonna be delicious.

I've read this thread for a while and am really thinking about doing some of my own stuff with a little fridge or whatever people do but your post reminded me of something I don't think the thread has covered, do you know or does n e one kno how too maej uncured bacon wit celery?

• Locked thread