Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AriTheDog
Jul 29, 2003
Famously tasty.

kinmik posted:

drat, curing your own meat, much less making your own sausage seems to be a dying art in domestic establishments. There used to be a restaurant close by that made a great snappy sausage, and a really tasty milk sausage with roasted potatoes. Unfortunately, it has since closed down.
Google drat you, I don't want to make milk sausage gravy, I want to make my own milk sausage. Can anyone recommend me a decent recipe?

It certainly seems to be making a comeback. Here in California, there's practically a renaissance going on, and I'd bet you it'll move slowly across the country due to the cheapness of the raw materials in relation to just how much you can sell them for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriTheDog
Jul 29, 2003
Famously tasty.

Kudosx posted:

I have a question for all you charcuterie aficionados: is it common for someone to try prosciutto or pancetta and not like it uncooked?

I bought some of both... but couldn't get past the texture. The taste turned me a bit off as well. I fried both up in a skillet and they were phenomenal, but I was unable to eat either of them raw and actually enjoy it.

I had several friends who enjoyed it uncooked... but most of them still preferred it fried up. Is this common?

I might be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to eat raw pancetta. It'd be like eating raw bacon.

• Locked thread