Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LawrenceOfHerLabia
Feb 4, 2005

by Ozmaugh

MsJoelBoxer posted:

Those pictures of the soppressata and duck breast prosciutto in the OP look awfully familiar ;).

If anyone wants to see my photo tutorials for those and also for peperone, they are up on my blog. The link is in my profile. Peperone, soppressata and pancetta are from April 2011, and duck breast prosciutto I actually just got around to posting about earlier this week.

I'm totally with the OP on vacuum sealing stuff for long-term storage. The dried sausages kept really well that way.

Now that it's cooled down and my basement closet is back to perfect meat-curing temperature, my next project is the bresaola from Ruhlman's book. I'm also just getting ready to start another batch of the soppressata because it was such a hit with friends, family, and boss.

Can't wait until the closet is filled like this again. (Well, it should look a little better since I have proper meat hooks now.):

That's a real inspiration. I shall commence digging a basement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread