Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!
I have a question for all you charcuterie aficionados: is it common for someone to try prosciutto or pancetta and not like it uncooked?

I bought some of both... but couldn't get past the texture. The taste turned me a bit off as well. I fried both up in a skillet and they were phenomenal, but I was unable to eat either of them raw and actually enjoy it.

I had several friends who enjoyed it uncooked... but most of them still preferred it fried up. Is this common?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kudosx
Jun 6, 2006

it's raining zerglings!

AriTheDog posted:

I might be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to eat raw pancetta. It'd be like eating raw bacon.

That's what I thought it tasted like, too. I thought Prosciutto tasted somewhat like raw bacon as well.

I've read in many, many places that people eat Pancetta raw. It's cured so that it's supposed to be safe to be eaten raw... which is strange, because some companies that produce Pancetta put a label on it that says 'not to be consumed uncooked'

• Locked thread