Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Hey thread. Last night I signed up for a Washington State business license, along with a nursery license because I intend to sell plants.

My business' main focus will be selling live plants and seeds of carnivorous plants like Venus fly traps and North American pitcher plants. I also plan to dabble in Pacific NW native shade perennials like sword ferns and bleeding hearts. I'm going to start selling at farmer's markets and then do online sales, which the nursery license should allow me to do. My online shop will be through Big Cartel and I'm going to design and host my own website from a home server.

I live in a city that requires me to get a home business license. Part of the stipulation is that no business materials be stored outside, but all these plants I'm growing are going to be outside in my garden. Does that count?

I already paid for the licenses even though I don't expect to have anything sell-able for at least a year. I suppose I did it in case I have some seeds to sell this season. If I don't actually end up selling anything, next year do I have to fill out a tax form and claim I made $0?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread