Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FateFree
Nov 14, 2003

I have two businesses I've built as a hobby, and I'd like to spend this winter marketing them as best I can. I would absolutely love any advice from fellow entrepreneurs.

The first is a product based business called QuikCallus (https://www.quikcallus.com), which is a non-toxic glue used to create calluses for musicians and the like. I started out with adwords, which was successful in the sense that I made back the money I put into it and no more. I eventually ran out of stock which means its not sustainable going forward. I've halted ads and sell about 1 bottle a day - but I'd love to get the product into stores, I'm just not sure where to start.

The second is a service based business called Tracktacular (https://www.tracktacular.com), which I had built for myself initially to track and log various things in one place with a simple interface (tasks, goals, dreams, games, etc). I have a handful of regular users and I started a blog as one way of marketing, although I had put it on hold for a while. I'd love to market this better but its inherently difficult to market a service that is an aggregate of many smaller services.

Again I'd appreciate any advice, either with marketing strategy or where I should spend more of my time and energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FateFree
Nov 14, 2003

Thanks for the replies everyone.

For QuikCallus I'll have better margins for my next shipment, I just need to scale down the cost of adwords or ideally eliminate it completely. I had focused on keywords like guitar finger pain, guitar callus etc. I tried to work those keywords into the home page for organic results.

I don't know why WoT is flagging the site, I have a valid SSL cert and everything..

As for the local stores, whats a good general strategy? Bring them a few free samples? Do I follow up with them afterwards and ask them to restock if it was successful? Do I try to get it in one of those product books for store owners?

• Locked thread