Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

piato posted:

You know how everyone says it's really important to co-found? They are so right. gently caress.
I'd be interested in hearing more details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem
Nanaya is interesting, but I can't imagine you having any success on Kickstarter. In my experience, things that do well on Kickstarter are end products or video games for consumers. Who do you expect to give you money via that route, and what will they get out of it?

Also, are you single? If you aren't, then I'd include a smiling photo of you with your SO. If you're single, I'd also include a photo of yourself smiling. Sarah Keefe has the best photo for something like this. Your super serious stare doesn't seem real friendly to me, and it's hard for me to think that I'd consider your opinions about relationships.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
Hell Gem

huhu posted:

I'm trying to figure out what more to add to my electronics startup's website. I currently have blog posts about the status of things, a product page which gives setup instructions and examples, an about page, and a contact page. There is currently no traffic but in about two or three weeks people will start receiving their Kickstarter reward and I want to make sure I've got everything covered before people start visiting. Are there any other pages/content I'm missing?
Do you have an easy way to catch new interest? It doesn't sound like you've got an active store. So you need to have a very easy way for people to give you their contact information, or get on a waiting list. Facebook and Twitter are good ideas too, if only to catch the people who would prefer to Like your Facebook page, or follow you on Twitter and be reminded of your product, instead of providing their email address. FB is always my personal preference for casually remembering something.

• Locked thread