Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deception
Nov 6, 2004
Your an idiot
My an idiot

Nybble posted:

That's the funny thing about Startups. Most ideas "have been taken", "someone just got funded", "you'll never get traction". You must get past this to be successful.

My start up in is in the Education/Tutoring space. We are about to launch in the Raleigh/Durham, NC area in the coming weeks. There are a few competitors we are dealing with (most notably Tutorspree and Skillshare). Fortunately, I have a hypothesis that they are doing something that isn't going to be sustainable and they don't have the correct long-term goal. They have gotten initial funding, yes. But their philosophy can be outdone by our's. We've been shut down by some of the local start-up initiatives because we just have an idea, but luckily our website is almost ready, and revenue and hard data is always a good thing.

And even if this idea is a market that can't be approached, just being in the mindset of creating ideas is just enough. But make a product. Not a business plan.

I live in this area, what kind of education tutoring are you doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread