Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malevolence Jones
Mar 29, 2006

Just thought I'd throw my two cents in. I work for a company in the beta test management space (SaaS-based testing platform as well as a services group for outsourcing). Happy to answer questions about beta testing, validating product/feature ideas, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malevolence Jones
Mar 29, 2006

musclecoder posted:

I just launched my first product - Accthub!

Everyone is building mobile apps these days and most of them need some type of platform to power the backend of their app. Accthub provides a simple API for mobile developers to build their applications on top of.

As users register for your app, you would create an account for them on Accthub. You then add data to their account as they use your app more and more.

The major use case for this is developers who want to create an app and not have to worry about building, securing, and managing a backend platform at the same time.

Accthub is priced on the number of accounts you have in the system, not on the number of API calls you make. Your first 100 accounts are free, and every account after that is 1 penny.

If you're a developer or just have a moment to check it out, I'd love to get your feedback. Thank you!

Torn between responding here vs. CoC, but since I'm focusing more on the business than technical aspects, this thread seems more appropriate.

I'm curious to hear more about your plan to take on Stackmob, Parse, Urban Airship, etc. Unixbeard brought up a good point about Salesforce's ability to target a niche and price point to take on the incumbents. But in their case, the incumbents were behemoth enterprise corporations with six-figure minimum engagements and very slow release cycles. With the benefit of hindsight, we can see they were very vulnerable. Your competition is practically as inexpensive, extremely agile, and well-funded/staffed.

So, simply asked, why would someone choose Accthub over your competitors?

If it's price, what evidence/inferences suggest that your potential customers are a) price sensitive and b) ready and willing to sacrifice the more complex features that your competitors' platforms support?

There are hard questions about product positioning and customer acquisition that you'll need to face if this is going to be the sustainable business you envision.

• Locked thread