Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Today's money zone reminded me of something I feel everyone just kind of moved on from immediately, somehow.

Travis is a Tim Allen Buddhist? That's a thing?

He's into general zen which is basically being agnostic with some Buddhist trappings and mainly just a focus on self improvement/emotional well-being and all. Tim Allen is a crazy coke monster with a terrible show now but he actually did a decent bit to make the ideas of zen and 'look it kinda doesn't matter what you believe as long as you're a person who focuses on being a good person, just consider how your actions affect others' and poo poo like that more available to, say, the average Midwestern kid who watches Home Improvement. That's an admirable thing, expanding young minds and all.

He also did it in a book called I'm Not Really Here which is goddamn insane and has/had an 'idea exchange' website that was even more insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ660Ik6Ft0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Tim Allen Buddhism is learning how to become one with infinity... and beyond.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

John Wilkes Booth posted:

Tim Allen Buddhism is learning how to become one with infinity... and beyond.

If you meet the Santa, kill him.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Santa Clause is just Highlander for kids. There can be only one.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

TAZ has some Super Mario/Les Mis poo poo going on today

mythomanic
Aug 19, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

TAZ has some Super Mario/Les Mis poo poo going on today

I haven't listened yet, but that's just the sort of bonkers mashup that gets me real excited for it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Griffin also posted concerns on Twitter about his use of Carly Rae Jepsen music and his new Vocaloid program, so I'm really looking forward to listening to this.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Salt monster!

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

SpacePig posted:

Griffin also posted concerns on Twitter about his use of Carly Rae Jepsen music and his new Vocaloid program, so I'm really looking forward to listening to this.

You know, it seemed familiar...

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Does anyone know what the words in that vocaloid song were?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Crystalsong posted:

Pulled from my home inside a cloud,
Lost to the dark I drift alone,
Now I return beyond the shroud,
Eager to reign upon my crown (crowd?),
Here in my crystal kingdom.

I have a theory. I think that the entity which has taken control over the Grand Relic either is or is inhabiting the storm raging around the lab. Obviously there is the part where it said its home was inside a cloud. Plus the manner in which the other team was blown completely clear of the lab didn't seem like an accident.

Finally though, something piqued my interest as I was transcribing this. Notice that it doesn't say it will reign over its kingdom. It says it will reign upon it. Or perhaps, rain upon it.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jan 1, 2016

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It's on the blog for the podcast: http://theadventurezone.tumblr.com/

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Ariong posted:

Finally though, something piqued my interest as I was transcribing this. Notice that it doesn't say it will reign over its kingdom. It says it will reign upon it. Or perhaps, rain upon it.

The line is "upon my throne", which implies ownership of the kingdom as well.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I can't believe today's episode has them shipping the solar system.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Also a reminder that Space Jam is unironically an endless well of comedy. For a second I thought Griffin was gonna drop a Shut Up and Jam Gaiden reference.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

obviously football Space Jam would be Space Blitz come on boys

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
This week was wall-to-wall good goofs.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Also a reminder that Space Jam is unironically an endless well of comedy. For a second I thought Griffin was gonna drop a Shut Up and Jam Gaiden reference.

I don't think it's a coincidence that last ep they used the phrase "get dunked on" right after writing that Polygon article about how Undertale was one of the best games of the year.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Sleeveless posted:

This week was wall-to-wall good goofs.

Clonebama.

"PUT ME IN MY NUTRIENT BATH"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Griffin sure did a thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYespfZgeWQ

Please, please watch until at least 1:05.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
It's a secret Big Gulp crossover!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Well now I need to know how Fighter Mario stands against Friend Mario

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Well now I need to know how Fighter Mario stands against Friend Mario

Worse fit, better mouthfeel.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I hope he does a bunch and it's not just a one time thing.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

things i bought at sheetz crossover imo

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

myron cope posted:

I hope he does a bunch and it's not just a one time thing.

I think it might be related to this "article"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kenny Logins posted:

Griffin sure did a thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYespfZgeWQ

Please, please watch until at least 1:05.

FutonForensic posted:

I think it might be related to this "article"

We live in a golden age

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon
It must be Griff-mas because Griffin did another thing, a 'pilot' podcast with Rachel about The Bachelor: https://soundcloud.com/griffinmcelroy/rose-buddies-pilot-episode

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
I loves these macelroy boys but god drat do they watch lovely TV.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scudworth posted:

I loves these macelroy boys but god drat do they watch lovely TV.

oh yeah as opposed to all that great TV out there like

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Alaois posted:

WELL MY FRIEND HAVE YOU WATCH A LITTLE SHOW I ENOJOY CALLED BREAKING BAD AND THE WIRE???? YOU SEE WE ARE IN A BIT OF A "GOLDEN

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Alaois posted:

there has literally never been more fantastic television currently airing then right now, dude

not like i especially care what other people watch

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Drunkboxer posted:

WELL MY FRIEND HAVE YOU WATCH A LITTLE SHOW I ENOJOY CALLED BREAKING BAD AND THE WIRE???? YOU SEE WE ARE IN A BIT OF A "GOLDEN

Y'know I actually think TV is better than mov- *huge fart noises*

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

there has literally never been more fantastic television currently airing then right now, dude

not like i especially care what other people watch

lmao

no

people who think "good tv" exists have been posting in TV IV for a bit too long

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

--Me, when The Office, 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, and Community were all on in a row

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Alaois posted:

lmao

no

people who think "good tv" exists have been posting in TV IV for a bit too long

Hot take.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

VDay posted:

Hot take.

all i'm saying is, if you're really drawing a line in the sand between Cake Boss/ANTM/The Bachelor and whatever the hot new "great tv shows" are out there, you need to get your head out of your rear end

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Ok.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Rose Buddies is a bit light on jokes and they just glossed over a lot of the ridiculous poo poo that happened on the first episode, but if you don't watch the Bachelor it might be enough of a reason to keep up with it. I can't imagine it would be a super entertaining listen if you haven't seen the show, but maybe if they keep doing it it'll improve in that regard. They may a bit too unironically invested in the Bachelor and their dumb draft thing to actually make fun of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

excuse me, i'd just like to pop in here and let you guys know that the things you think are good, are actually bad
the mcelroy brothers and their dumb podcasts are also bad, and by telling you this i have become significantly more internet cool

ofc i will never tell you what i think is good because that would present a crippling vulnerability that opens me up to similar attacks in the battle for internet cool dude-dom

• Locked thread