Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm a big fan of podcasts like Extra Credit, Arms Control Wonk, Nonsense Bazaar, Behind the Bastards, etc. But I'd like to expand to podcasts where things get better because. Like, here's how a group of people got a peace treaty worked out. Or, decades of hard work and a happy accident cured a disease.

I don't need the episodes to end with a Pollyanna utopian everything's perfect at the end. Just something that can give me hope for the future based on what people have done in the past and are doing in the present. Do any podcasts stand out for that sort of content?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I forgot all about that place, is it still going, is it any good? Do they update their Photoshop phridays more than once a decade?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I like podcast addicts too, but part of the appeal was finding out they do indeed have a shuffle option for playlists. Now I can be totally surprised by whichever episode of F-Plus or Extra Credit starts to play.

I hit next, and "Butter Off Dead" started. The episode does a cold open with some Something Awful keto infamy.

Thanks podcast addict, and extra credit!

https://thefmin.us/butter-off-dead/

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I like We're Not So Different, linking to the YouTube because effort.

https://youtube.com/@wnsdpod?si=6NqOPJLwi2IgTrH1

They cover historical figures, daily life, theology, mythology, and more. Heads up, the episodes open with banter before getting to the topics.