Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

TwoPair posted:

I've been listening to Giant Bomb's JeffJeff's Bizarre Adventure and Bizarre Podcast Dogs Must Die and found that I'm a fan of shows where one person goes blind through a ridiculous anime with others.

I'm sure there's mountains of podcasts in that vein (actually, I know there are, I searched but as you might imagine, the quality is way more miss than hit) but any recommendations of some good (non-JoJo) ones? The show being reviewed doesn't particularly matter to me. Or should I just take this question to ADTRW?

I was hesitant to self-plug, but since nobody else is responding, I'm one of the hosts on an anime podcast that, until this last season, had at least one host ignorant of the series until we watched it at all times. We covered Eva, Ideon, Cyborg 009, and Monster all with 1-2 hosts unaware and usually me as the only pre-aware person. It's called Boku no Stop and we're about to go from Flip Flappers (a non-standard yuri anime with excellent animation) to The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, and I believe my cohost hasn't watched in full. I know he hasn't seen the OVAs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
One of the hosts picks. Started with Eva led into me suggesting the freshly in print Ideon as a predecessor, which led to Cyborg 009, then Monster to shift away from mech or mech-adjacent shows, and now with the departure of the third host for a season or two, the remaining two of us are going with anything he vetoed in the past. Usually stuff focusing on women.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
We are in a real weird period right now because Chris bounced to do other shows after getting real mad over and over so we're slotting in alternate thirds. I think the cohost we have on Fujiko Mine is gonna last for a bit, he's more chill but also comes from a different sphere of weeb than the other two of us.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Just Boku. He's skipping the FF8 season because "you couldn't pay me to play that", but he remains on the Patreon shows and has been doing behind the scenes coding for the network with the time.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Our network's move (patron support only, no ads) is "This episode of [show] is sponsored by patrons like [read two names], and if you'd like to join them in receiving bonus episodes and more, visit [gimmick URL] and pledge as little as a buck a month. Now, enjoy the show." at the top of the pod. It's in and out in about fifteen seconds, and then we do a more full-featured version in the end credits as wind-down when talking about the musician who did the theme song, other shows we host, guest plugs, etc.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Yeah, if you're looking for something akin to Swindled, do not go in on WTYP, a show that is about 30% 'hosts cackling at own jokes' by volume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
My go-to rec for that is a bit more niche, but Inverted Castle is a show I've described as "what if WOFF never had a host sandbag the show if they didn't dislike the game". Only downsides comparatively are that it's monthly, and it only covers metroidvania games.