Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

I just listened to all of Out of the Past, a film noir podcast, and loved it. I love the subject matter, but I think what I loved even more was the tone: academic, educational, not trying to be funny, but with lots of interesting pieces of information.

I also loved that it was just two guys talking about the subject, and I think after Radiolab and this I realize I like that dynamic most for a podcast.

Specifically I want to know if there are any other good film podcasts out there that are more about film analysis than current film news/reviews, and approach the subject academically. Bonus points for anything that's about b-movies, film noir, or film history (i.e. unproduced screenplays, alternate versions of films, etc), too.

e: Or just any podcasts that strike that tone about an interesting subject.

I've listened to a few episodes of The Projection Booth which is close to what you're looking for, but the sound quality is maddeningly bad, considering he has pretty interesting and high-profile guests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU