Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Does Spotify let you download episodes, or is is streaming only? I use podcasts mostly in places where I don't get WiFi so streaming is right out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Someone probably said 'okay but do they just talk about D&D or do they actually play?' and everyone else shrugged.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've been enjoying Desparate Acts of Capitalism, which is just two friends excitedly telling each other about the Dutch Tulip Craze, or the collapse of Radioshack, or the Fyre Festival, or what happened to Crystal Pepsi, or that time in 1920's Chicago where rival taxi companies were gunning each other down. It's a hoot.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Have you ever listened to Ologies? Every episode is Alie Ward interviewing a scientist who is enthusiastic about whatever weird thing they study.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When I was eleven and a friendless loser the internet was very important to me because it was the first time I knew that there were, like, other girls out there who also liked video games and I knew this because I found a LiveJournal by a Canadian woman who posted a lot about Mega Man. This was two decades ago, I haven't thought about her since high school, so I had a very weird experience the first time I listened to Axe of the Blood God and thought "why is one of these names familiar to me?" and it's her.
I hope this isn't coming across as too weird or whatever but like discovering fandom and stuff was very influential to me growing up and it was really neat to open a podcast and get punched in the childhood.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Super Marcato Bros might be worth a listen, they talk both about specific games and about composers, and they've wrangled a few interviews. They've put out a shitton of episodes, there's probably something in there you'd like.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There's a Behind the Bastards thread here in RGD, it's just called Machetes!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Desperate Acts of Capitalism and How Did This Not Get Made seem like they might be up your alley. The first one hasn't updated since late 2020 but it's an absolute *hoot*.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Podcast Addict can go down to 0.4x speed in 0.1x increments.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
When I looked up Omega Tau, my podcast app found seven entries of what seems to be the same podcast. Right now I'm trying to figure out which one only has English episodes. It's not the one marked "English Only".

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It looks like later episodes are all English, but I was starting at episode 1 and the first three are German.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Podcast Addict doesn't have its webplayer linked to your account yet but it's a good option to keep in the back pocket, I've used it for years. Lets you import RSS feeds, can load MP3s right off the phone, tracks subscriptions and individual episode progress, works on Android, it's good.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Desperate Acts of Capitalism is coming back after a multi-year break so if you enjoyed them back in 2020 there will be a new episode next Friday.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Now I'm curious if downloading your podcasts through a VPN would change what ads you get. I'm in Canada and all I get are "ad for a podcast that sounds excruciating to listen to" or "go to Walmart"

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Pocketcasts and Podcast Addict seem to be the apps of choice these days. Personally I use Podcast Addict but pick whichever strikes your fancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Podcast Addict can go up to 5x speed and keeps the pitch the same, if that's what you mean