Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
I love history but I'm not much of a scholar. I like the look of Hardcore History but do I need to have a lot of background going in? Is it the best history podcast, or is the one from howstuffworks good too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Anyone have any good recommendations for podcasts about current movie news? I listen to AMC Movie Talk but its a little too "everything is awesome" for my taste. Looking for something a little more along the lines of Hollywood Prospectus but solely on film.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Any good podcasts for fathers? I've been looking around but they're either lovely quality or the hosts are boring. Looking for good, engaging content about real problems with intelligent hosts. Hopefully beyond more than "lol here's how to change a diaper".

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
538 is really good.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Gripweed posted:

Is S-Town season 2 actually about anything? I tried S-Town season 1 and at first it was all like, "oh wow we're gonna unravel a tangled web of crime deep in the heart of this small town" but then turned out to just be a character study of a weird lovely dude.

edit: whoops nevermind

NPR / Public radio shows do this so much. This American Life is super guilty.

“UFOs. What are they? Where do they come from? Are we alone in the universe? For years scientists have been trying to figure out what the source of these craft are. Could it be Russia? The military? The answers have grave questions for us all.

And after all, isn’t living with someone a little like an alien? In today’s show about the difficulty of marriage...”