Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke of Straylight
Oct 22, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I've been chasing Zach Weinersmith's (the guy who draws Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal) work and have found The Weekly Weinersmith, which is... not really that great. I like it when people take science seriously, but this podcast's a bit too dry even for me.

The reason I'm posting is just to make a one-episode recommendation of its sister podcast: The Titanium Physicists' episode on warp drives. I haven't listened to the other episodes yet and I don't really expect much from them, because this episode was basically carried by the guest (Zach Weinersmith). The hosts would do the thing that physicists always do when they try to communicate with normals, coming up with useless metaphors like "the universe is full of bees of all sizes" and he would keep bringing them down to earth with straightforward and actually meaningful questions. If you're the kind of guy who loves (say) Neil deGrasse Tyson's charisma but is exasperated by his use of vague metaphor, you should try this episode out to see how different it can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU