Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Glitterbomber posted:

I think I asked before, but what are some comic book podcasts that don't suck rear end? My bar is pretty low for rear end sucking, really, all I ask is a room full of hosts who can go five minutes without talking about how much they want to bone Power-Girl and have a bit of a more light hearted view than the serious hardcore 'well in issue 305 the Fantastic Four jet had controls on the left, but now it has them on the right, I hope they address this serious error'?

iFanboy is hosted by geeks but they have a sense of humor and the format is very polished; it's quick (about an hour a week), and they run down most of the major new releases. It's mainly big 2 focused but they do talk about higher profile independent stuff. My favorite is 11 O'clock Comics, but some people (validly) criticize them for going too long about needless poo poo no one cares about that isn't even related to comic books. But honestly I've discovered so many smaller-print books through that podcast I'm tempted to send them money or something as a finder's fee. The Distinguished Comic Book Podcast is hosted by two pretty normal-sounding guys and is quite good as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Azathoth posted:

i appreciate the recommendation, but that's one that I did try. I got about a quarter of the way through one episode and it was cringe-inducingly bad. It had the aimless rambling I don't like and the hosts were doing the "there must be something there, look at all the reports" about some variety of gnome being sighted. Maybe what I'm looking for exists in the archive behind their paywall, but after hearing what I heard, there's no way that I'm giving them money. Maybe I got them on one of their off days, but the rest of the free episodes didn't seem to have any better focus, based on their description.

Have you tried Open Minds? It's completely UFO focused. The host falls squarely on the believer side, but he's very fair in terms of finding scientific explanations where applicable.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Scionix posted:

is there a good podcast about conspiracy theories/cults/paranormal that isn't from true believers that are trying to sell me brain supplements

Mysterious Universe