Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I recently started listening to Judge John Hodgman and it's pretty drat funny. It's basically Judge Judy but with a bespectacled nerd as judge. Two people come on with a grievance or argument or whatever and John talks to them to find out details and renders his verdict. It's a lot funnier than it sounds. The only thing I don't like much is the shillery for MaximumFun.org podcasts, which only bothers me since it's usually in the middle of the podcast rather than at the beginning or end so it's more annoying to skip.

If you haven't already you should give some of their other podcasts a listen. My Brother, My Brother, and Me and Throwing Shade are both amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

CelestialScribe posted:

I love history but I'm not much of a scholar. I like the look of Hardcore History but do I need to have a lot of background going in? Is it the best history podcast, or is the one from howstuffworks good too?

No you don't need to know anything going into Hardcore History, you just need a lot of time to burn listening.

Surprised we don't have a Hardcore History thread actually.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

The Vergecast always seemed pretty balanced to me. I mean you're not going to find a tech journalist worth a drat who thinks that the iPhone is objectively a bad phone, because it's not, but the Vergecast definitely respects other devices. Hell, I think one of the guys on there still wants Windows Phone to succeed. Of course, it leads to letdowns a lot (one of the guys was super hyped for the Note tablet and then did a scathing review of it on the Verge because it was garbage), but when a good device comes along they definitely give it proper due.

This assuming that you can deal with everyone on it basically never letting one another finish a sentence without interrupting them and Joshua Topolsky screaming over all of them at any given opportunity.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Len posted:

This might be an odd request but are there any podcasts in the style of the old pulpy radio shows?

The Thrilling Adventure Hour is great.