Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I just found out that there's a new episode of Ask Mr Biggs from about two weeks ago after nearly a whole year without them releasing anything. This show is so funny, I wish they did episodes more often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

pangstrom posted:

Anybody else put off by the tone of Sword and Scale? It can get REALLY overheated and cable-news-y, most noticeably in Episode 31 (Canadian-guy-gets-decapitated-on-the-bus episode).

I sorta like that they do this. Most well-produced podcasts like this one take a neutral tone, it's nice to have one that's different.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I'm looking for a good movie podcast that does straight forward in-depth reviews and analysis and isn't full of the hosts doing schtick or trying to be funny all the time, as well as not being a bad movie podcast.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Sociopastry posted:

Anyone have some hilarious lady podcasts? I love Nightvale, the F Plus and Critjuice.

Mimi on the Podcast of Ice and Fire is awesome, just naturally funny without being all tryhard snarky. I don't know if it'd be worth listening to though if you aren't into the books they're talking about.

SpannerX posted:

I really like this one, and it's only at ep. 3: Lens me your ears podcast. They pick a subject and then talk about movies associated with it. Production values are quite high, so no issues with mic levels and the like.

I used to listen to this IFC movie podcast http://www.ifc.com/fix/2010/12/the-ifc-news-podcast-archive, they had a similar setup. I don't think they make it anymore though but most of the episodes are still good and relevant.