Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

SoylentCola posted:

This is three episodes in now and is the funniest podcast I have ever heard. I cannot listen to it while in public.

You weren't kidding huh? I risked it and found myself cackling on a public bus, so thanks for that.

The little sound bits edited into the background and the text to speech interjections are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

credburn posted:

What is an "actual play" podcast? I mean, I know what it is; it's where some folks sit around and play D&D or whatever. But what's the difference between an "actual play" podcast where they do it and just a podcast where they play D&D? I guess what I'm wondering is, what's the "actual" part referring to? Were there at some point a glut of fraudulent false-play podcasts?

It's mainly just an easy differentiator between "This is an RPG podcast, where we talk about RPG systems." and "This is an RPG podcast, where we play RPGs." I used to see it mainly being used by people who ran both type of podcast, as separate shows or just tagging individual episodes as Actual Play in the title, but it does seem a lot more widespread nowadays.