Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
There's a Starfinder podcast I enjoy a lot called Cosmopunk that's been running for a few years now. Cybernetically-enhanced animal folk having space adventures, definitely inspired tonally by Hitchhiker's Guide and Red Dwarf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Podcast listeners: If the podcast includes a call to action (subscribe to patreon, rate/review, plugging other things) - where should that go? The start? Middle? End? On ours we have it as part of the end-of-episode wrap up where it's least intrusive but also I know a lot of shows do it elsewhere, or to separate the "main content" from, say, listener emails etc.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Thanks for the discussion folks, I appreciate and agree with most of what folks have said. I have thought about introducing patron shout-outs but we don't have enough patrons yet to make that viable for more than like, three episodes. Oh well. At present we mention the Patreon and website at the top of the episode and give more details in the wrap-up, and it sounds like that's the least-worst option, so I think we'll continue with that format.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Okua posted:

So with the Waypoint podcast ending, does anybody have recommendations for gaming podcasts that cover more than one game per episode and/or dives into gaming news? I already listen to/have tried Crate and Crowbar, Cane and Rinse, and Watch Out For Fireballs.

Castle Super Beast is still going, though the focus is often on fighting games. Great chemistry and fun jokes though.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

magic cactus posted:

I'm not exactly sure if I have the right subforum for this, but the description does mention radio shows so.

I'm looking for podcasts that might be similar in style to the comedy albums of The Firesign Theater. Kind of like surreal radio plays with a rapid "have to rewind to catch all the jokes" feel to them. I tried posting on a podcast subreddit and someone there mentioned nightvale but it didn't really work for me. I'm unfamiliar with the wide world of podcasts generally so I'm wondering if anyone here can point me in the right direction if something like that exists.

It's old and as far as I know, on indefinite hiatus. But actor James Urbaniak did a series of monologues that ranged from funny to creepy, and I enjoyed them a great deal: https://gettingonwithju.libsyn.com/

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

The new FITP features VoidBurger as a special guest!

The same VoidBurger who is part of the upcoming actual play podcast called Skulltenders, also featuring KC Green, Amber Carr, and Cohen Edenfield. Which is probably going to be pretty good!

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Azathoth posted:

Legit considering paying for a VPN just to stop hearing about BetterHelp

One of the most ubiquitous and bad honestly. Surely their reputation is bad enough by now that podcasters/youtubers know not to work with them? Especially progressive or politically-engaged creators (looking at you, Behind The Bastards)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Only officially-sanctioned jokesmiths and yukjockeys are permitted to dispense """comedy""" across the information superhighway