Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Can anyone recommend any quality serial adventure podcasts? I'm not too particular on the genre but I'd like to listen to something similar (though more contemporary) to the old radio dramas people used to have.

Have you tried either The Thrilling Adventure Hour or Mike Detective?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Golbez posted:

We have podcasts that do in depth on every episode of a TV series, like Go Bayside! and The X-Files Files. And we have ones like Star Wars Minute. Is there anything like that for video games?

I had this idea for a Doomcast that goes over one stock level each episode, discussing the design, difficulty, setpieces, speedrunning, and multiplayer. I'm not sure if I'm the one to do that, but while I ponder that, is there anything remotely like this in existence, for any game?

There's Bonefireside Chat, if you like Dark Souls.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Something True is a podcast about telling "stories from the footnotes of history." It is an amazingly well produced show telling strange, non-fiction stories you've probably never heard of. Stories focus on everything from a president using his dog as a public mouthpiece, to a a poor woman getting her money, land and children taken from her over and over again, to a rocket scientist using black magic to summon the queen of demons so they can make a moonchild together, and everything in between. If any of that piques your interest, I recommend starting with the first episode, The President's Dog, and listening to them in order. The series just finished its first season, and is currently in hiatus.