Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Can I get a recommendation for a military history-themed podcast? I listen regularly to http://thehistorynetwork.org/ , but they don't put out content fast enough for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Thank you! I just listened to the Nomonhan 1939 episode and it was absolutely brilliant, and it looks like there's years worth of material here.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Revolutions podcast started back up again, now 2 episodes into the French Revolution. Big change from the previous 2 sections is that Mike Duncan won't be sticking to a strict 15-episode format anymore, which is good because there's a wealth of stuff to cover

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Can I get a recommendation for a podcast about playing or DM'ing or reviewing tabletop RPGs that isn't a recording of a play session? Something like Three Moves Ahead or Game Design Roundtable, but for DND and the likes.

I tried Save or Die and the production value was terrible and the hosts sounded like old fogeys

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

zachol posted:

Fear the Boot and Role Playing Public Radio both have fairly interesting critical discussion about tabletop gaming and play styles.
Incidentally, though I know you said you're not looking for them, RPPR's actual plays are pretty great, with good audio balance and quality and a variety of systems and series/one-shots instead of being a long-running campaign of a single one.

Thank you for this recommendation. Role Playing Public Radio has such a deep and varied discussion - I knew I was onto something special when they started talking about Marxism as it relates to economies within fantasy RPGs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Seconding that it's difficult to be specific without knowing what kind of podcast you want to make, but audio/voice quality is I would think universally crucial. I've given up on a couple of podcasts irrespective of their content because they sounded like grainy AM radio broadcasts, or the speaker had some bad vocal tic/habit, or both.