Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

I just started listening to The Smartest Man In The World and holy poo poo is it great. Remember that one dude from Whose Line Is It Anyway? Tall, skinny, curly hair? No not Ryan, the other one. Yeah. Greg Proops. This is him doing a live show of completely over the top cynical history, politics, pop culture, music, classic movies, weed, weed smuggling, and whatever other insane ramblings rolls off his tongue. Seriously worth listening to.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-smartest-man-in-the-world/id401055309

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

Bill Moyers has a podcast out called Moyers & Company that has for the first few episodes been doing in-depth stories on how bankers are huge sacks of poo poo, and how politicians are equal if not more huge sacks of poo poo for not doing what needs to be done to fix things.

Website here

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

Ianiniho posted:

Does anyone know of any other shows like The Bugle, a sort of light-hearted look at world affairs? Most news/politics podcasts I see are very focused on one country and/or very dry. I do love The Bugle though.

Have you tried Wait Wait... Don't tell me? It's fairly US-centric but incredibly entertaining, and if you don't like a panel member, thats ok because they rotate around fairly often.

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

Convexed posted:

I am looking for a decent fiction podcast, one which gives regular short stories and serialised stories.

I think I remember hearing about a pretty good science fiction one but I can't for the life of me find it. I'm open to anything though.

For actual literature theres:

Escapepod, Pseudopod, and I think its called Fantasypod or something, all from the same "group". Theres also the Drabblecast which can be really hit and miss that has weird poo poo.

For real life narratives you might try The Moth, or for history vignettes 98% invisible and The Memory Palace.

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

Mysterious Universe is pretty much exactly like Coast to Coast AM.