Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Anybody know of any local or state-wide news & politics podcasts concerning Oregon and / or the Portland area? I'm kinda desperate to fill out my bus-ride timeslot with something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie

FitFortDanga posted:

Not really politics or news, but if you want some local flavor, try Funemployment Radio. I had to stop listening because with so many podcasts I just didn't have time for one that drops 5 one-hour+ episodes a week, but it's a fun show.

Yeah, "local flavor"'s a good way to put what I'm looking for, thanks a lot

More recommendations would be nice, especially something about local news / state politics.

Trier fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 21, 2012

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
This is probably a super obscure thing to ask about but I'll try anyway. Is there a philosophy podcast that deals more with philosophically debating, rather than debating philosophy?

What I mean by this is, a lot of philosophy podcasts involve debating something someone else thought / wrote about, they'll talk about Kierkegaard in relation to religion or discuss what Nietzsche wrote on this that or the other and it's all very old and dusty. Did anyone ever sit down and talk about the philosophical implications of something currently topical?

I tried listening to The Partially Examined Life, and while I enjoyed every time they criticized the study of philosophy as a circlejerk, they also just ended up retreading the same ground and beating the same dead horse.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie

Juche Couture posted:

The only thing I can think of is the BBC Moral Maze, which is a radio show (here in the UK) that's also available as a podcast. I personally find it tremendously annoying, though.

I'll check it out, thanks. Why do you find it annoying?

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
retrospective music podcasts please. Analysis of great albums, interviews with important people from whatever subculture is the topic, anything as long as it's in-depth and about music history.

There's a podcast series in my country that does retrospective album analysis, but it's in my native tongue, and from a country where nothing musically relevant has ever happened, so they don't have a lot of personal insight or interviews of any kind.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie

blue squares posted:

Song exploder

looks real interesting, thanks for the suggestion

E: anything else? the more the better

Trier fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 8, 2016

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What's the native tongue/country? It could be interesting to any multi-lingual listeners amongst us.

Danish/Denmark. Doubt anyone not from Denmark speak our language, we barely speak it ourselves anymore. I'll link the podcast though
http://www.dr.dk/p6beat/album/

We also have a show that only happens every once in a while, where they spend 6 hours on an artist
http://www.dr.dk/p6beat/p6-beat-elsker/

Trier fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
I've just finished the first and so far only season of Terrible, Thanks For Asking, and I'm desperately in need of more honesty and tragedy.

Any takers?