Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
what do they say there? I stopped listening because they're just super unfunny and boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SlipkPIe posted:

Blank Check is by far my favorite movies podcast though not explicitly a “bad movies” one

yea Blank Check is very good but I'd call them more a general movies thing than a pure 'we'll make fun of dumb poo poo'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What are some good Simpsons podcasts to listen to that aren't insufferable?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gripweed posted:

I feel like this is gonna be something that even people who aren't fans of Chapo Trap House should get on. HW Bush was a super central figure in 20th Century America and most people just think of him as Dana Carvey from SNL

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1327026975781871620?s=20

oh hell yes they've been dancing around this for ages and I'm genuinely pumped for any takedown on that demon.

Remember kids, he may not have been the worst PRESIDENT Bush, but boy was he the worst Bush on the whole!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Not really in the vein of those podcasts at all but after hearing an ad for it in another podcast I started binging Everyone's a Critic, and it owns real hard. A couple basically reads and riffs on user reviews for things, typically big chain stuff like Yelp for Applebees and poo poo but they also do way more unexpected stuff like 'oh poo poo this mountain has a Yelp page and people are whining about having to hike up a mountain this owns' and have good bits and all sprinkled in that's mainly just them loving around with each other. It's an incredibly light listen and quite entertaining.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

busalover posted:

Surprised to see BA is still going. Their "recent videos" roster now looks like it's screaming "look, ethnic people!", with most of the staff replaced by people of color. I can't help but think it's the same cynicism at play as before, almost feels like a Tim & Eric sketch.

it's so loving cynical it's hilarious, so many dishes are 'this person's CHILDHOOD FAVORITE DISH' and it's just some flimsy excuse to have a non-white person on camera explaining that curry...is...comfort food...so the BA execs in charge can wipe their hands off and go 'racism issues SOLVED'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

xtal posted:

If you look at the iTunes top rankings on any given day that category is basically 80 percent of them

yea but which ones are good and which ones are either just boring people going 'and then...they found the HEAD' 'wooooah hosed up, imagine finding a head....' or suburban freaks being all 'and that's why I love the cops and if anyone knocks on my door I put one hand on a gun and the other on the phone ready to dial 911 because everyone is a murderer' about every extremely specific story? That's the eternal true crime question.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lady Radia posted:

im not really sure what i'm looking for. i'd love an actual play style podcast, but one also sort of .. focused more on character builds and the like vs. characters and acting, that sort of thing? Maybe not D&D 5E either just because there's SO MANY, but no strong preference there. does anyone have strong recommendations on this front?

you want All My Fantasy Children or Character Creation Cast, perhaps? Both of them are literally just the hosts making characters based on a specific theme/idea, maybe doing a little fun thing with them, before moving on next week to a new one.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
They'll release them all yea, paying gets you everything at once and bonus episodes like interviews and all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I can't wait for James to put his hands in his pockets and walk away after shooting a man and burning him like a dog on the street