Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Are there any other history podcasts like The History of Rome? I absolutely adore THOR, so I'd love it if there were some other podcast doing that sort of comprehensive, in-depth, chronological history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

feedmyleg posted:

This China History Podcast isn't too bad, but it's not nearly as exhaustive as History of Rome and jumps around in time a lot. Also if you haven't listened to Hardcore History then stop whatever you're doing and do so now. The recent Death Throes of the Republic series is amazing. I hope others know of more, because I'd love to hear them. Definitely my favorite type of podcasts.

e: Also, not a podcast but this lecture would be a great listen before going into any history podcast or lecture, but especially History of Rome or Death Throes. Really made me rethink most of what I've heard in those two.

Comparing Hardcore History's Death Throes of the Republic to The History of Rome's episodes about the same period was really interesting, since they both emphasized slightly different things, and they both conveyed their narrative of the period in a really different way.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

SInce we were talking about it earlier on this page, I might as well mention that the very last History of Rome ever just went up. But he did say he'll be starting another history podcast in a few months! So that's something to look forward to!