Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Are there any good podcasts talking about the causes/impacts of climate change? I've been searching for something that goes further than the small bits I was taught about in school, and have pretty much come up blank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Can I echo that but without the whole grain of salt, sense of humour thing? I want some absolute batshit truthers, alien abduction and moon landing nutters. Any "good" conspiracy podcasts where they genuinely believe the illuminati and hiding aliens in Putin's Mars base?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

ChetReckless posted:

It doesn't fit your needs exactly but you could try Mysterious Universe. It's a couple of Australian guys that go through the latest weird news. I stopped listening because I thought they could be a little bit more skeptical, but if that doesn't bother you you could always try it. The hosts have a good rapport and are fun to listen to.

I'll second this one. They're pretty into yeti and aliens and "alternative philosophy" stuff, but they do generally laugh at the crazier people who are into things like crystals and supersoldiers. My favourite thing about it is that they're just out there enough to be a bit welcoming. They do a lot of interviews with a range of people, from (fairly recently) anthropologists looking at alternative therapies and spiritualism to a psychologist who wrote a book about talking to her dead husband, and sometimes play calls from listeners who want to prattle about that one time an alien rearranged their furniture or some poo poo. If you're okay with their point of view of at least entertaining the weird rather than mocking it or tearing it to pieces, it's pretty good. The only things they really do that annoy me are when they talk about government cover ups (the CIA have psychics working out of secret desert bases!), and when they start getting the science wrong talking about yeti DNA or placebos. They do vary topic quite a bit, so not every segment might be something you're interested in hearing about, but unless you're listening in the car, skipping forward a few minutes isn't really a problem and there's never a show that's all on one topic.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Fwiw, they do offer (and advertise) a lot more in their extended show, but it's not really half a show. It's still an hour long podcast every week, and they just add more stories on the end, so it's not like they're cutting stuff off halfway through.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The audio, when present, should be delivered in a digital format.